Friday, June 02, 2006

Return to profit with tennis

Daily Result: £42.83

Didn't actually trade that much today. Got involved in the Venus Williams V Sprem match and it quickly reminded me why I don't trade Women's matches that often - especially on clay. Didn't get to trade it for too long though as there was a fire next door. The stoned students who rent it had managed to set fire to their living room. I've got nothing against students - hey, i was one myself once - but I always thought once you'd rolled a joint the idea was to smoke it rather than pass out and leave it burning your furniture. Lightweights!

Wasn't a serious fire but had a couple of engines out to deal with it. Once everything had died down I got back to the tennis. The Nalbandian v Tursunov game on Eurosport looked a cracker for trading with Tursunov with a healthy lead. Got involved just in time for the channel to leave the match to show the Federer game - that was also being shown on BBCI.

Not going to have another Eurosport rant as I had one recently. But it was a joke 30 minutes later for them to announce that editorial decisions are difficult but as Nalbandian was no longer "struggling" they felt it right to show the Federer game. What?! He might not have been struggling then but when the channel quit the match he was in grave danger of going out.

Of course, I'm really just pissed off about it because what's the point in trying to trade a Federer game that is 1.02-1.03 when you get to it? The Nalbandian game was a far better prospect but I'm not trading it on the back of a scoreboard as discussed already.

No comments: