Thursday, June 01, 2006

Tough start to June

Daily Result: £149.25

As mentioned below I had a poor position on the Henman v Tursunov game following a bad early trade. Had a lot to do today and couldn't trade apart from keeing my eye out for the restart of the Henman match so I could try and turn it around.

Did ok and got the red down to £60 each when Henman picked up the first set after the restart. But made a spectacularly stupid error near the end of the day's second set that cost me! Real schoolboy stuff. Basically I wasn't concentrating properly, thought the score was different to what it was and ended up opening a new position and having to bail rather than risk a bigger loss. Muppet!

Still, it's a timely reminder at the start of a new month that trading isn't a simple path to easy money. Apart form everything else concentration is also required! As mentioned below I thought I would lose on this match. I have. But a stupid mistake for which there's no excuse means that loss was far larger than it should have been.

Thanks to everyone who has left comments on the various posts. For those asking how to contact me I've added a contact me link at the bottom of the right hand menu.

No comments: