Monday, August 28, 2006

England v Pakistan Twenty20

Daily Result: £39.91

So after all the controversy last time these two teams were on the pitch the focus finally turned back to the cricket. Despite all the unsavoury political manoeuvring since the Oval Test I'm pleased the tour has not been cancelled, Pakistan were welcomed onto the pitch today and we got a game of cricket going. Just a shame I wasted the opportunity to make some proper money towards the wedding really. Especially after recent successes on Twenty20 finals day.

I fancied Pakistan to win but as England were batting first I was keeping my green pretty level. And then it all went wrong in the space of a few balls. Basically I backed England at 2.0 after Bell was out. Honestly can't see the logic of Bell as an opener in a ODI, let alone a Twenty20 and had actually decided to back England on the fall of his wicket if conditions hadn't changed too much before he was out. So given the match conditions I was happy to take evens when he returned to the pavilion.

Of course, what I wasn't counting on was Kevin Pietersen going first ball, Strauss following a few balls later and, just to push home the point, the first ever maiden over in international Twenty20 cricket - which just happened to by a double wicket maiden!!

Anyway, what happened was when KP was out I tried to dump my England back but just couldn't. No takers. Even though I was deliberately creating underrounds. Then Strauss was out and I ended up dumping my England back of 2.0 at 3.5 within a couple of minutes. Which kind of put paid to any serious trading for the rest of the game as by then I was £627 red England and level Pakistan. Bugger.

Of course I continued watching the game and managing the position but it was looking all the way like a Pakistan win. Enjoyed Alfridi's knock. 28 off 10 from a strike rate of 280! Though as it was well over 300 at one point!! Broad made a good international debut. Suffered at the hands of Alfridi for one of his four overs but the rest returned good figures. Would have been amazing to see him take a hatrick in his first match but guess he'll have to settle for two wickets in two balls for now! Sure we'll be seeing plenty more of him in the future.

Anyway, messed around a little on the Pak price to make a small profit but after the disaster earlier was never going to make much on this match and mainly just sat there enjoying it and just keeping an eye on the postions.

The US Open tennis started yesterday. Had my first look into it today and made around £20 on it. Not traded tennis for a while so was just getting used to it again. There's a lot of cricket on at the moment but enjoy the tennis and will be having a dip into it time permitting over the next few weeks.

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bookmaker Free Bets.....Bet365

No comments: