Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Northants v Sussex Pro 40 cricket

Daily Result: £164.08

Truth is I should have made a lot more on this game. Though considering it looked like it would be abandoned between innings as the floodlights wouldn't work I guess I should be happy with the profit. All helps pay for the big day anyway.

Before play had started rain had reduced the match to 36 overs a side. And the floodlight delay left Sussex a revised target of 144 from 34 overs. A simple enough target on paper but they failed and were all out while still well short of the total.

Although I was keeping an eye on it during the run chase, and did trade from time to time, I effectively just left my green pretty even both sides at the end of the first innings and just bumped up both sides when I saw an opportunity. Must have been a good match to trade for those concentrating fully on it as the prices were up and down like a proverbial yoyo.

It was in the Northants innings that I should have made more though. I actually fancied Sussex from the start and kept cracking out backs on them. Three times in quick succession I layed these back just before a wicket. So although I was building some green it could have been more. Poor timing and strategy on my part really.

Still, a profit is a profit, and I'll settle for the £160+. The England v Pakistan ODIs start tomorrow so hopefully I'll have a little more joy with them - though the weather forecast for the first doesn't look too promising.

It's the weather that's the issue over in New York too. Fancied doing some US Open Tennis tonight but the courts look like paddling pools so turning in for the night.

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bookmaker Free Bets.....Bet365

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey BFT,
Hope you can recover from your big loss.
Did you trade in the 1st ODI tonight? I did - nice green all round! 7 hours of my life gone, for nothing! That'll teach me for not backing a no result.
What happens when all the cricket finishes? Will you be doing any football?

The Betfair Trader said...

Hi Dave,

Yes traded the 1st ODI. I was 3 fig green on Pakistan so was annoyed by the result. Had no insurance on finished game etc. Especially annoyed as I lost on a couple of tennis matches today and have a cumulative loss of around £600. Not pleased with both the losses for differing reasons but will do a proper write up tomorrow.

When the cricket is over I do the international games and the tennis tour (Though at this rate I might start reconsidering that!!) No, tennis has treated me well in the past. Just a bad patch at the moment as I'll discuss in tomorrow's entry.

Have never really found a way to consistently win at football so just avoid it. Feel like I was the only person on Betfair who didn't have a World Cup bet on there!

Anonymous said...

BFT
Keep up the good work and like you have already said, chin up!!!
The one certain thing is that we are always learning... and improving...

Stay excellent

The Betfair Trader said...

Hi VNJ> Thanks for the kind words. So true about it constantly being a learning curve. Lost count of the times I've had edges in reality markets only for them to disappear leaving me to try and find new ways to try and stay ahead of the crowd. As for always improving - well, let's hope so!

Anyway, assumed that was you dipping your toes into the Twenty20 the other day on the cricket forum? If so hope it went well for you. Run rates are usually much higher in Twenty20 than other forms of the game hence the prices and discussion at the time.

Right, off to take out any lingering frustrations from yesterday on some golf balls before settling down for this afternoon's Pro40 game.

Anonymous said...

Dear BFT

Yes, it was me... Thanks a million for the advice... am still getting the hang of cricket, the RR, the SR and the different types of game... was a bit dissapointed with the rain yesterday but thats part of the equation as well... the first time I traded a cricket match was the test series ENG-PAK and we all know what happened, a bit too crazy, fortunately I was in front of the computer when it happened and was able to change my position and go good green on ENG and not too much red on Draw and Pak... glad that I read all of the rules the day before I started...
I think you will see me more often now in the forum as I'm about to start doing this full time.

Its never enough so I will say it again, I really enjoy reading your blog and all the insights you give...

Talk soon
Stay excellent

The Betfair Trader said...

Best of luck with going full time VNJ. Think I remember your background is banking so sure you've got a sensible approach to it all lined up. See you on the forum!