Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Quiet few days trading

Not traded anything since Sunday. Not really through choice but after several months of being spoilt for choice there's a bit of a lull in televised tennis and cricket at the moment.

Following the
problems with my Sky box I didn't subscribe to Zee TV for the DLF Cup so the next cricket for me will be the Pro40 playoff on Sunday. Then from October 7th there's nearly a ODI a day in the ICC Champions Trophy from India. (And thankfully every match is a day nighter so it'll be a normal morning start rather than those horrific 4am get ups we were all having to endure when England were over there earlier this year!)

Tennis wise on Sky there's a few days of Davis Cup action coming up later this week, a couple of days from the Thailand open next week and that's it until the Madrid Masters which starts on October 16.

So I'm afraid it'll probably be a little quiet for a while. But on the plus side it means I can get on with some normal work - and catch up with some DIY around the house.

Also means I'll be putting up that long-promised review of
Bet Angel - an excellent piece of Betfair trading software I've been trying out - over the next couple of days. There is a free version available but the paid for version is the one I'll be reviewing as it simply has so much more functionality and is the version of two that anyone whose serious about trading will use. In the meantime check it out for yourself - there's a few video tutorials that will give you an idea of what it's all about and what the advantages of it over the traditional Betfair interface are.

What else? Well, I've been paper trading a football trading system for a while and have recently started using real money - though small stakes - as a trial. If it still looks like it's working in a month or so I might start trading it for proper money and reporting the results on here. See how it goes I guess. Not had much luck with football trading in the past so have left it alone for a long time. There's just so many matches on throughout the year it's made me take another look. And will help fill these quiet periods in the future if I take it up.

And finally, on a sadder note, I have another funeral to go to tomorrow. Second in two weeks and this one's a real heart-breaker. Not a pleasant business. :-(

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bookmaker Free Bets.....Bet365

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to email you, but had problems when clicking the 'contact me' link on your blog.

I've just started a gambling blog and wondered if you'd be interested in exchanging links? You can find the blog in the URL I gave (I won't spam it on here) and I've already got a link to your blog on there.

Keep up the good work!

The Betfair Trader said...

Hi Josh,

Had a quick look at your blog and enjoyed reading it. Some thoughtful stuff there and it'll be interesting to see how your systems go. I've added a link in the Betting Blogs section. Best of luck.