Saturday, September 16, 2006

Worcestershire v Surrey Pro40

Daily Result: £131.68

A nice profit but also a little disappointing given the market movements during the game. Still, a win's a win and it's a bit more banked towards the big day.

Got off to a slow start. I've mentioned before that recently in these day/night Pro 40 games I've been generally laying the side batting first in the opening overs before perhaps switching the position to start me off in a game. Tried it once too often in the last match I traded and got stung as Surrey got off to a great start. So, with Surrey batting first today, admittedly not at The Oval this time, I decided to leave any early trades and see what was happening. So, of course, within no time at all they were 13-2 and that lay I didn't make would have been sitting pretty!

Anyway, Surrey turned round the poor start and following a good solid innings from Butcher made a very respectable 220. Liquidity was pretty poor - no doubt due to the DLF Cup game on at the same time - but obviously the odds moved to reflect the score and by the break I was around £200 green Surrey and £200 red Worcestershire.

Didn't really fancy Worcestershire to make the chase at all. Apart from being under lights in the middle of September 220 is also a pretty good Pro40 total. Worcestershire got off to a good start though so I reduced my red on them - just to see a wicket 2 balls later. But they picked up again and in the end only failed to win because of a spectacular collapse which included 5 wickets for 17 runs in a 4 over period. Basically they had the game in their hands but threw it away. Comical stuff but certainly got the markets moving. Though by then I wasn't fully concentrating on the match and didn't get to take full advantage of the situation. Happy with the £130 profit though.

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bookmaker Free Bets.....Bet365

No comments: