Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Turftrax Iris and late round up

Daily Result: £69.39

Apologies for not posting earlier but I had some sort of problem creating new articles in Blogger. Something to do with their switching to new software I guess. Anyway, it means the post is a day or so late and I've backdated it but all seems fine now.

Which is what Monday's daily result wasn't. I traded some cricket earlier in the day - more of which later - but in the afternoon decided to have a look in on the horses for the first time in ages. The reason is I have some new trading software that I want to try out, namely the Sports Trading Workstation. (There's a free version of the STW available if you fancy a look).

More particularly I'm interested in finally having a go with the Turftrax Iris piece of software provided by the STW people. I'll write up more about it later but basically it gives you a visual representation of how horses are doing in a race. Each horse has a transmitter on it recording speed etc and this is relayed to you in picture form showing you which horse are speeding up / slowing down, enabling you to back or lay with a single click before it may become apparent from tv pictures. Loads of extra information is also provided, including an indicator as to which horse is likely to win given the change in speeds and distance left to cover. I guess the tool is useful to both layers looking to make money from horses dropping out of the running, as well as those looking for an early steer on the most likely horse to win. Anyway, there's more information and some videos of someone using it on the site for anyone interested.

The point is before I started using new software I thought it would make sense to get used to a bit of racing trading again. Bit of re-baptism of fire. Lost on the first race, won on the second, and had a momentary power cut in the third. Everything on and off for a second job. No worries as I just rebooted but in that time the market had moved somewhat against me so I closed out. And then in trying to reduce that loss added to it! The third race cost me a fair amount and given the circumstances I figured it was probably best not to risk continuing trading and just left it for the day.

Earlier on I'd finally signed up to ARY digital so I could receive pictures for the Pakistan v West Indies series. The Sharp Minds :-) out there might remember I'd not signed up before mainly because they required a minimum 1 year subscription. Anyway, it turns out there is now a way of getting it for just 2 months. So I shelled out the £35 odd to get it and looked into the 3rd test. Will probably have a proper look on days 4 and 5 but am mainly hoping to profit from the subsequent ODIs.

Finally I had to smile. I have a tracking program that shows me how many visitors I get to the blog and how they arrive at the site. Had my strangest ever referral the other day. Someone typed into Google the search phrase "Every time I shag your wife she gives me a biscuit". And low and behold arrived at my lowly blog as I listed no.4 for that search phrase!! Thanks to whoever left the comment that included the phrase. :-)

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bet Angel..... Free software trial

No comments: