Monday, November 20, 2006

Quick catch up

So I ended up going away for the weekend with Emma and didn't get round to any trading at all. Still, I did manage to fit in some prolonged crack bar fly drinking practice for the upcoming festive season instead so all was not lost :-)

What with two biggish losses this month (1, 2), a heavy work load and not the largest amount of tennis and cricket to trade it's looking like it may be a pretty sparse one on the profit front compared to previous months. But I figure as long I end the month up that's the important thing. Every pound helps.

Looking forward to upcoming events until the end of the month there are a few things that I'll probably get involved with. Sadly the Ashes is probably not one of them. If I was a full time trader on Betfair then no doubt I'd be burning the candle both ends and sinking tinnies through the night trading the 1st test. But I'll probably give the whole thing a miss. Maybe have a little play with the draw price and check out the increased delay with the Australian wallet but I certainly won't be staying up 5 nights to trade the whole thing. Expect I'll do the one dayers in the new year though.

I didn't subscribe to ARY either for the Pakistan v West Indies series. Minimum subscription period of a year which clocked in at £100. If they'd done me a month on month I'd have taken two but just didn't like being forced to subscribe for a year. Bit cut your nose of to spite your face but I'm pretty busy at the moment and there's other cricket on for free on Sky. So I don't have pics for the series and won't be betting.

Which all means until the end of the month I'll be looking on the remaining one dayers between South Africa and India on Sky (22, 26 and 29 with the last one in December) and maybe even take a dip into the Premier League snooker on the 23. Looking into December there's some Davis Cup ties at the start, a little more snooker, the final South Africa v India one dayer and then the test series.

So it won't be the busiest trading period over the next few weeks but hopefully there will be enough events to save a little more before everything picks up again in the new year.

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bet Angel..... Free software trial

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your Blog, and it's a very good read. Trading not my thing mainly because I always leave it too late in laying off - Greedy !!! - hopefully i'll get more disciplined from starting my blog.

Be grateful if we could swap links.
www.woolny.blogspot.com

The Betfair Trader said...

Hi Woolny. Good luck with the blog.Having to write about losses certainly helps with discipline! Have added a link.