Saturday, January 13, 2007

Quick catch up

Result since last update: £12

Bit frustrating at the moment. Lots to trade but other commitments means I'm not able to take advantage. Should be back to normal within a few days though and then I have several months of cricket to look forward to. :-)

Had a very quick look into some BDO darts the other day. Silly really. Got involved because I wanted to rather than because I should. Was near the end of the match and volatile. At least I had the good sense to keep the stakes low but the £12 loss is annoying because I know I should never have placed a bet. Just so keen to get going this year after the break but getting involved at the wrong time can be a costly mistake and I'd really have noone to blame but myself. I learned a long time ago that a lack of patience can be very costly and need to remember that.

That said I have been able to get involved for part of the 3rd day of the South Africa v Pakistan test. I have a largish 3 figure red on South Africa and a smallish 4 figure green on Pakistan and the draw. If I levelled out I'd be around a fiver red all round. I layed the Saffers hoping for an earlier end to the day as it was raining and the light was bad. But the rain was never quite heavy enough and the light never quite bad enough to go off. Instead a couple of wickets fell and I was near to the point where I was going to cut a potential all round loss for a while.

But Pakistan manged to hang on and turn it around a bit which means tomorrow should be interesting. Pakistan are just 1 run behind with 8 wickets in hand. Without an early wicket tomorrow the South African price is going to rise quickly. The weather forecast looks ok but any change there and a delay in play is in favour of my position too. Basically the match is still wide open. A few quick wickets and the Saffers will be in control and I'll be out of pocket. A good stand, some flowing runs and I'm quids in. Especially as the Saffers will be chasing on a wicket that is already deteriorating fast with a lot of low bounce.

I don't do tips as such but wouldn't put anyone off a similar position to mine. (A back of Pakistan could be even more profitable but I want the draw onside in this one) That said my position could get nasty very quickly and if it looks like the start of play isn't going to be delayed by poor weather tomorrow I may well reduce my position before the off. Either way it'll be an interesting market tomorrow and well worth looking in on. Should be plenty of price movement and lots of opportunity to build some green. So good luck if you decide to get involved.

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bet Angel..... Free software trial

2 comments:

Ray said...

It's good to hear you are about to get going again. Good Luck with the cricket in the morning.
Ray

The Betfair Trader said...

Cheers Ray :-)