Monday, January 15, 2007

Weekend roundup

Result since last update: £82.71

Again not really had much time to do any event properly since the last update but managed to pick up a little green and everything should be back to normal by Wednesday. Hoping to start having a proper go at the cricket then and plan to start making some changes to the blog that I've mentioned previously.

The £80 profit or so came from a BDO darts semi final that I caught a set or two of, some of the final itself though I mostly watched it than trade it as I was knackered (that was nearly one of the comebacks of all time by Nixon!) and about 5 overs of the Australia v New Zealand ODI on Saturday night / Sunday morning.

Nice to keep some profit ticking over as the month seems to be shooting by and it feels like I've barely got going. Still, the accounts are nearly done, I'm in with the accountant tomorrow, and some work that cropped up is just about finished. Will be good to finally be able to get back to a normal routine!

Anyway, the last post about the South Africa v Pakistan match shows why I don't like to tip! Wasn't able to spend as much time doing it as I'd hoped on Sunday so reduced my position by about half when it was clear play wasn't going to be delayed, and then dumped most the rest soon after the start of play with catches being dropped all over the place.

Unfortunately when I returned to it later in the day I then twice manged to lay South Africa the ball before they took a wicket (Sometimes you just feel it's not your day!). The second one didn't really cost me but the first left me with a 3 figure red on the Saffers. Couple that with a bad weather trade, and a delay in play as I type, and it looks like I'll be taking a loss on the match. Will keep an eye on the situation throughout the day but unless it pours, or Pakistan take some quick wickets, today is more about managing a sizeable loss than making a profit. Just as important of course, if not as much fun. :-(

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bet Angel..... Free software trial

No comments: