Sunday, March 04, 2007

Weekend update

Been a hectic week trying to get all the DIY done before the carpets are fitted on Monday and Tuesday and have barely had a chance to turn the computer on let alone trade. The end is in sight though and by Wednesday next week everything should be back to normal. So apologies for the lack of updates recently but I've been desperately trying to get everything sorted before the cricket world cup starts which it will all be now.

The opening ceremony is on March 11th with the first match taking place on the 13th when hosts West Indies play Pakistan. That match is the first of 51 including the final on April 28th. That's going to be a busy 6 weeks cricket trading! Starting tomorrow we have 4 days of warm ups. Hoping to catch some of the games to get a look at the pitches etc before the tournament proper starts.

I'd decided to implement a new money management strategy for the world cup and will do a write up on it before the event proper starts. Basically it will give me some greater flexibility to hopefully make more from some of the shorter priced matches that will be around at the start of the tournament.

In the meantime I've got another couple of days of DIY to finish. Emma's back from her business trip now so hopefully we can get everything finished quickly and be ready to trade properly again shortly. I guess on the plus side the trading break will hopefully mean I'm refreshed and sharp minded!

2 comments:

keane28 said...

hi,

im keane from far east.

how r u doing??

i was reading ur blogs & u sounds very exciting.

im into betfair trading as well but quite new to it that's why im doing research & found ur site thru a link from betfair homepage which capture my attention.

u r really finding funds thru betfair for ur wedding, well hope u will meet ur target soon...haha.

im married with a baby gal (8 months old) and my life was though since i was not working for a year since 2 yrs back.

but now got a job & been working for a year now but not really steady in financial cos wife not working & that's wat im planning to look for a second income.

well maybe u may share ur strats on capitalise the trading market on betfair in any events.

im into soccer but lots of ups & downs so thinking of doing horse racing with ur recommendation in using the software "racing trader".

i had tested but can't undestand how to use it to our advantage... i presume u r expert using it now... so can u guide me??

anyway, hope u come back to update again after ur DIY things...

c u soon. bye.
keane

The Betfair Trader said...

Hi Keane,

Thanks for the comment and good luck with making extra funds through Betfair.

As for soccer and racing trading I'm afraid I'm not really of much help as I do neither. I did use to trade the favorites in racing before the off but found other sports more interesting to do. My approach at the time was very similar to the guy who set up Racing Traders and you can watch videos on his site about how he did it. (Basically I was in and out of the market *very* quickly taking a tick or two.) before greening or redding out before the off. I'm sure people still make good money at this but eventually I realised I preferred to get involved in markets where I had more certainty the market would move in my favour. As for soccer, I've never really found a system that I can win consistently at so I tend to avoid. A short term approach as the market starts to move faster (end of half / match etc) is the kind of idea I'd look at but with goals having such an impact on the market you have to be wary.

As for the advantages of the software the main one is the speed you can get your desired bet into the market. There's videos on the Racing Traders site that shows changing and submitting a bet through the Betfair interface can take 8/9/10 clicks compared to 2 with the software. Essentially this enables you to get a price faster than another trader not using it. This is often useful in cricket where "snipers" move the market substantially mistakenly thinking a wicket has fallen etc, or someone just gets the price wrong for a few seconds. If you get in first you get the wrong price. Manage that just once a month at the stakes I play for and the software has more than paid for itself already. The best example though is probably trading the racing favourite before the off as you mention you are going to start doing. Try it through the Betfair interface. Then try it through the software. The advantage will be self-evident. It really will be like trading two different events! Infact I think it's fair to say it's impossible to trade the favourite in racing the way I used to without some sort of one-click software.