Saturday, April 07, 2007

Bangladesh do it again

Daily Result: £933.44

Well I've said a few times I didn't begrudge them making the Super 8s and today we finally got the pay off. Bangladesh beat South Africa, overturned a 1.02 shot and pocketed me a healthy contribution to the wedding funds in the process. In addition the result opens up the question again of who will qualify from the Super 8s to the semi finals. And there was no rain. A rare good day for the tournament all round!

Ended up with a good profit on the day but made all the money during the South African run chase. I'd had a look in earlier in the match but a lack of concentration led to a loss on Bangladesh innings runs market and I had a small red on the South Africans too. My mum is still in hospital. Stable at the moment but I'd been to visit and my mind just wasn't really on the job. So I took a break, freshened up and started again in the second innings with a clear head.

To be honest I thought the South African's would make the required 252 run chase. But the price was crazily short so my opening play was a lay of South Africa at 1.15. Never really looked back from that really. A steady of fall of wickets and rising run rate saw the South African price slowly rise before the market realised Bangladesh could actually win and we had a massive shift on the fall of one of the wickets.

The result was definitely one for the Betfair cricket forum. Several posters had suggested a lay of the Saffers and there was plenty of comment about how the Bangladesh 3 left arm spinners could turn the match. Something they eventually did through containment.

So a good day for the Cricket World Cup and a good result for myself. I actually made a 4-figure some on the outright market which is very unusual for me. The daily result was a little less because of the loss on the first innings markets. Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow's Australia v England match. Hoping England bat first, get off to a good start and open up some more good trading opportunities. And hopefully some more profit!

2 comments:

Rob said...

Over nine hundred quid in one day - excellent stuff. That's the canapes sorted then ;o)

You may have noticed that my blog, one percent a day, has not been updated for ages. Well it will be soon. Lots of updating to do. In brief, the bank hit £1000, I then lost all but £98, but have since built it back to £600. I've been keeping track on the Betfair forum but not on the blog, so I think I'll be starting with a clean slate as it were. So please keep the link there!

Best of luck...

Rob (1%)

The Betfair Trader said...

Cheers Rob ;-)

Good to see hear you'll be starting the blog up again and yes I'll keep the link up.

Good luck.