Monday, October 02, 2006

September 2006 trading roundup

Monthly Result: £926.11

Well, not the most profitable of months since I started the blog. But there again I only traded 11 out of 30 days - and some of that was just dipping in and out of events. September is always a bit of a quiet one for tennis and cricket trading after the highlights of US Open and the end of the cricket season. Not a bad time to get away, use up some of those Betfair Points holidays and catch up with a few bits and bobs.

While the trading may have been on the quiet side the month on the blog has been quite interesting anyway. The biggest win was £339.93 , the biggest loss an absolute nightmare that ended up in a £259.24 red. (Let's just say I lost the sky pics, internet connection and finally my entire power supply!)

In addition Racing Post columnist Net Prophet had a good word or two to say about the blog. Something Blogger seemed to disagree with as they contrived to delete the whole thing for a few days causing the blog to disappear leaving me more than a little stressed!

What else? Well, a post about how different trading styles can impact on profit resulted in my getting sent quite a few emails while a story about a bet that looked too good to be true reminded us all that when something looks too good to be true it's generally because it is!

I've continued using this betfair trading software but have also been using Bet Angel which I've been meaning to review. The lack of events for me to trade has meant I haven't got round to using all the functionality on it yet but I should get something up in the next few days hopefully.

Anyway, October should be a lot busier on the trading front with around 20 ODIs in the cricket alone from the ICC Champions Trophy. As well as some European ATP tennis action from Madrid and Paris which will mean some good tennis trading at a reasonable hour.

Which should all give me ample opportunity, with a little luck, to raise some more funds to help pay for the big day!

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bet Angel.....Learn to trade

No comments: